SCIENCE AND RESEARCH DEPARTMENT
Olexandr Beshta - Vice-Rector for Scientific Work, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Corresponding Member of NAS of Ukraine.
Graduated from Dnipropetrovsk Mining Institute (now Dnipro University of Technology), having received the diploma of Electrical Engineer in 1979. He worked at Dnipro University of Technology on the positions of: engineer, researcher, graduate student, assistant, associate professor, professor, head of the Electric Drive Department, dean of the Electrical Engineering Faculty. Since 2006, he has been working as a Vice-Rector for Research. In 1991 he defended his PhD, and in 2001 – his Doctor of Science thesis.
Olexandr Beshta is a well-known scientist, specialist in mining and metallurgical electricity, author of 3 monographs, a textbook, more than 150 scientific publications, including international publications, a number of copyright certificates and patents. His scientific activity is devoted to systematic scientific researches in the direction of creation of fundamental principles of efficient use of energy potential of geotechnical systems of the mining and metallurgical industry. He developed the theory and created systems of energy efficient control of powerful technological complexes of mining and metallurgical enterprises on the basis of modern systems of electric drive and automatics for solving energy saving problems. Under his leadership, 2 doctoral and 3 PhD theses were defended.
The Vice-Rector for Scientific Work carries out organizational work in the directions of development of innovative infrastructure of the university, establishment of close links with scientific and scientific-educational institutions and institutes of NAS of Ukraine, integration to the international scientific-educational community, establishment of interaction with domestic industrial enterprises, as well as powerful international corporations, transfers, creating a team of like-minded people.
- creates a strategy for the development of the Science and Research Department;
- establishes the priority of scientific research of the university and the means of their financing;
- participates in the work of the expert-methodical commission of Dnipro University of Technology for consideration by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, sectoral and departmental enterprises;
- performs a representative mission on the research work of the University in the Ministry of Education and Science, branch Ministries;
- coordinates work with business structures and foreign organizations on joint research projects.
Roman Dychkovskyi - Deputy Vice-Rector for Scientific Work, Head of the Science and Research Department, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor.
Roman Dychkovskyi is a graduate of the Department of Underground Mining (now the Department of Mining Engineering and Education), which he completed in 1996, receiving a diploma with honors in the specialty "Underground Mining". In 1999, after graduation, he moved to teaching. He defended his doctorate thesis on the topic: "Rationale of rational parameters of mining technology at the boundaries of stress fields (on the example of the Lviv-Volyn coal basin)".
In 2003 – 2014 he worked as an associate professor of the Department of Underground Mining, since February 2008 - Deputy Vice-Rector for Scientific Work, since June 2011 – Head of he Science and Research Department, since 2014 – Professor of the Department of Mining Engineering and Education.
Much of his attention is paid to the development of international relations of the University and the implementation of research at the expense of international financial structures. From November 2007 to September 2008, he trained at the Institute of Mineral Resources and Energy of the Polish Academy of Sciences (Krakow). He is the director of the Center for Ukrainian-Polish Cooperation of Dnipro University of Technology.
Roman Dychkovskyi combines the fulfillment of his professional duties with the performance of research work. Particular attention is paid to works at the expense of international financial institutions. He took a direct part in the creation of the Scientific and Educational Center: "Problems of Highly Efficient Use of the Energy Potential of Geotechnical Systems of Ukraine", as well as the implementation of two research projects with a total value of 3.2 million UAH.
Research work of Roman Dychkovskyi is conducted in the field of refinements for the development of fine coal seams by means of traditional and new radical technologies in the following directions:
- substantiation of the parameters of highly mechanized and high-speed technologies, study of the stress-deformed state of the rock massif during the extraction of thin coal seams with the use of the new level technique, in particular in the zones of geological disturbances and variable structures;
- substantiation of parameters of well underground coal gasification;
- creating computer simulation models in mining.
- develops a strategy for the development of the Science and Research Department, changes in its structure and performs general control over the execution of the tasks directly from the Vice-Rector for Scientific Work and higher bodies;
- conducts presentation of the results of scientific developments at the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, sectoral Ministries, and departmental enterprises of the mining complex;
- participates in the work of the expert-methodical commission of Dnipro University of Technology for consideration of research of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, sectoral and departmental enterprises;
- generates ideas for conducting research and prioritizing research;
- provides consultative and methodological assistance in terms of conditions for innovation development and technology transfer.
Contact information: room 4/34, phones: 744-62-14, 3-36.
Ihor Nikitenko – Deputy Head of the Science and Research Department, Candidate of Geological Sciences, Associate Professor.
Graduated from the the Dnipropetrovsk National University (now O. Honchar Dnipropetrovsk National University). During his studies, from 1999 to 2004, he worked at the Gemological Center of the National Mining University (now Dnipro University of Technology). From 2004 to 2007 he studied in the postgraduate school. In 2008 he defended his PhD thesis at the Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National University, specialty 04.00.19 - Economic Geology, in 2013 received the title of associate professor of the Department of General and Structural Geology. Worked in positions: engineer, junior researcher, researcher, assistant, associate professor. Since 2016 he has been working as the Deputy Head of the Science and Research Department.
Field of research: archaeometry, namely the use of mineralogical and petrographic methods of research in the study of ancient monuments and museum exhibits made of stone.
- is responsible for the technical component of the work of the Science and Research Department of Dnipro University of Technology, the implementation of research work, as well as for reporting to the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine;
- is responsible for the youth component of the implementation of scientific research, the development of youth scientific initiatives and the transfer of research results into production;
- coordinates the work of the Center for Scientific and Technical Creativity of Youth, Students’ Scientific Society and the Council of Young Scientists through university programs;
- coordinates the cooperation of the Vice-Deans in scientific work with the faculty scientific groups and the Council of Young Scientists.
Contact information: room 4/34, telephones: 744-62-14, 3-36.